Update March 12 – added 22 new HD images.
Do you want to start the day with a beautiful wallpaper of sunny beaches, mountains, winter scenery or wild animals instead of boring rectangles?
This extension replaces the default Chrome New Tab page with gorgeous nature wallpapers. For all nature lovers out there, enjoy!
- 70+ beautiful high quality nature wallpapers
- Regularly updated, more pictures to come
- Randomly selected image for each new tab
- A beautiful selection of hand picked HD images
- Links to most visited, bookmarks, history and more (you can choose which one to show/hide)
- Clean and simple interface, no distracting elements
- Works offline (no internet required, images are served locally)
Questions & Answers:
What it does and how it works:
This extension replaces the “new tab” page with random high-definition wallpaper. All the features of the default new tab are still here — in the top-left menu — but the thumbnails are removed and beautiful picture is shown instead.
What options this extension offers:
This is minimalistic new tab theme that comes with only one small menu in the top-left corner of the new tab page. You can select which menu links to be shown on the options page. You can show/hide any of the following links:
- Most Visited — the list of the most visited sites, as provided by the browser
- Bookmarks — shortcut to your bookmarks
- History — link to the history page
- Apps — if you are using chrome apps, this could be useful (hidden by default)
- Options — quick access too the extension’s options page
- Help — quick link to this document
How to change settings
If you see an “Options” link on the top-left menu on the new tab page, just click it. If not, use the following method:
- Right-click on the extensions icon
- Click “Options”
- Click on respective checkboxes to select/deselect menu links
Alternatively, you can visit chrome://extensions page and click “options” link under the extension description.
Show/Hide Links in Menu
To add/remove menu items, just check/uncheck respective checkboxes.
You can de-select all menu items if you want to hide the top-left menu at all.
How to restore default new tab page?
If you want to get back your old new tab page just uninstall the extension.
Uninstall (Remove) Extension
If you want to remove the new tab wallpaper at all, right click on the extension’s icon in the toolbar and select “Remove from Chrome”.