And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer. — F.Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
Who doesn’t love summer? Sunshine, blue skies, trips to the beach, festivals… What’s not to love? We created this extension for all of you who love summer time. Enjoy a beautiful images of beaches, water sports, sunsets/sunrises, ocean, forest in every new tab you open.
- 60+ wonderful high quality summer vacation wallpapers
- Regularly updated, more to come
- Randomly selected background for each new tab
- A beautiful selection of hand picked HD images
- Links to most visited, bookmarks, history and more (you can choose which one to show/hide)
- Clean and simple interface, no distracting elements
- Works offline (no internet required, images are served locally)
Questions & Answers:
What it does and how it works:
This extension replaces the “new tab” page with random high-definition wallpaper. All the features of the default new tab are still here — in the top-left menu — but the thumbnails are removed and beautiful picture is shown instead.
What options this extension offers:
This is minimalistic new tab theme that comes with only one small menu in the top-left corner of the new tab page. You can select which menu links to be shown on the options page. You can show/hide any of the following links:
- Most Visited — the list of the most visited sites, as provided by the browser
- Bookmarks — shortcut to your bookmarks
- History — link to the history page
- Apps — if you are using chrome apps, this could be useful (hidden by default)
- Options — quick access too the extension’s options page
- Help — quick link to this document
How to change settings
If you see an “Options” link on the top-left menu on the new tab page, just click it. If not, use the following method:
- Right-click on the extensions icon
- Click “Options”
- Click on respective checkboxes to select/deselect menu links
Alternatively, you can visit chrome://extensions page and click “options” link under the extension description.
Show/Hide Links in Menu
To add/remove menu items, just check/uncheck respective checkboxes.
You can de-select all menu items if you want to hide the top-left menu at all.
How to restore default new tab page?
If you want to get back your old new tab page just uninstall the extension.
Uninstall (Remove) Extension
If you want to remove the new tab wallpaper at all, right click on the extension’s icon in the toolbar and select “Remove from Chrome”.